Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 2:00pm to 3:30pm
The following speakers are presenting on this important and timely topic:
- Christian Barnes-Young, MS, LPC, Assistant Deputy Director, Division of Community Mental Health Services, South Carolina Department of Mental Health
- Heath Holt Hayes, MA, Chief Communications Officer, Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Regina F. Smith, MS, Director of Health Systems and Tobacco Cessation, Indiana Department of Health
- Describe two novel ways to develop key partnerships (Division of Mental Health and Addiction, Indiana Medicaid and Managed Care Entities) that will help move health systems change forward, expand reach and increase access toward tobacco treatment and recovery.
- Identify two challenges faced by a statewide system of Community Mental Health Centers as they transitioned to becoming tobacco free facilities.
- Explain two ways that nicotine replacement therapies have been implemented in tobacco recovery services by Community Mental Health Centers.
- Describe two methods in Oklahoma’s approach to integrating tobacco cessation across a behavioral health system.