What is Fax to Assist?
Fax to Assist is an exciting and convenient way for you to refer your clients to Maryland's Quitline to help them quit smoking.
Who is eligible to become Fax to Assist certified?
All Maryland healthcare providers and other professionals who are interested in helping their clients quit smoking are eligible and encouraged to use Fax to Assist (although only providers and others who are employed by a HIPAA-covered entity will receive feedback from the Quitline for the clients they refer).
Goal: This training teaches the nuts and bolts of how to use the Fax-to-Assist referral program providing you a convenient and more immediate way to refer clients who smoke to Maryland’s Quitline for counseling services. Trainees receive information on Quitline services, directions on how to make fax referrals, and materials to begin a fax referral program in your organization. HIPAA covered entities can also get feedback on these referrals from the Quitline.
Who is the training audience: Any medical, social services, or other healthcare providers, or other professionals interested in helping clients who smoke to quit.
Training length: 20 minutes
Note: If you’ve previously registered with Litmos you can use this link(link is external) to return and sign-in to your account. Once logged in, please visit your Course Library and select the “Fax to Assist” online training.
Online Training - START HERE
MDQuit's Fax to Assist training is now hosted online at Litmos!
- MDQuit's online Fax to Assist training has been updated and moved to Litmos (an online learning platform) to improve your training experience!
- Key improvements include:
- Presentation of informational slides with engaging graphics
- Voice-over describing slides in a manner similar to our on-site trainings
- Access to 2 brief tobacco intervention videos
- Access to additional informational handouts
To complete MDQuit's new and improved online Fax to Assist training, follow these steps:
- Sign up to complete this training on Litmos, using the following link and training code:
- Link to training: https://HABITSLabTraining.litmos.com/self-signup/
- Training code: F2A
- After you have signed up on Litmos, review the 3 training modules. These modules provide you with information about the Fax to Assist program and how to become a certified Fax to Assist provider.
- After you have reviewed the 3 modules, complete our 4-item quiz. This quiz covers information reviewed in the 3 training modules. Individuals who receive at least a 70% on the quiz will be certified as MDQuit Fax to Assist providers!
How long will it take? It will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.
*Note: An mdquit.org account will be created for you by an MDQuit Center Specialist using the contact information you provide when you sign up on Litmos. It may take several business days (2-3 days) for an mdquit.org account to be created for you by one of our Center Specialists.