What is Fax to Assist?
Fax to Assist is an exciting and convenient way for you to refer your clients to Maryland's Quitline to help them quit smoking.
Who is eligible to become Fax to Assist certified?
All Maryland healthcare providers and other professionals who are interested in helping their clients quit smoking are eligible and encouraged to use Fax to Assist (although only providers and others who are employed by a HIPAA-covered entity will receive feedback from the Quitline for the clients they refer).
How do I become Certified?
Online Individual Training
- Training and certification can be completed in about 20 minutes!
- Instant feedback on the individual certification examination.
- Instant access to Fax to Assist referral forms and Quitline resources.
- How do I start? Follow the directions below.
On-Site Group Training (for larger groups)
- We come to you and provide a one hour training for your whole team!
- Training can be tailored to your setting and patient population.
- Same-day certification
- How do I start? Email email@example.com
Online Training - START HERE
Maryland Tobacco Control Resource Center's Fax to Assist training is now hosted online at Litmos!
- Maryland TCRC's online Fax to Assist training has been updated and moved to Litmos (an online learning platform) to improve your training experience!
- Key improvements include:
- Presentation of informational slides with engaging graphics
- Voice-over describing slides in a manner similar to our on-site trainings
- Access to 2 brief tobacco intervention videos
- Access to additional informational handouts
To complete Maryland TCRC's new and improved online Fax to Assist training, follow these steps:
- Sign up to complete this training on Litmos, using the following link and training code:
- Link to training: https://HABITSLabTraining.litmos.com/self-signup/
- Training code: F2A
- After you have signed up on Litmos, review the 3 training modules. These modules provide you with information about the Fax to Assist program and how to become a certified Fax to Assist provider.
- After you have reviewed the 3 modules, complete our 4-item quiz. This quiz covers information reviewed in the 3 training modules. Individuals who receive at least a 70% on the quiz will be certified as Maryland TCRC Fax to Assist providers!
How long will it take? It will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.
*Note: A MarylandTCRC.org account will be created for you by a Maryland TCRC staff member using the contact information you provide when you sign up on Litmos. It may take several business days for the creation of your account.