Creating a Culture of Change: Tobacco Cessation Strategies for Long-Term Treatment
Special guest Amber Norwood, Ph.D. in this webinar will address:
- A brief review of the literature concerning tobacco/nicotine use (including nicotine vaping) in behavioral health clients.
- Concrete suggestions for how to assess the current culture/attitudes of your organization.
- Discussion of potential barriers (and solutions) to tobacco cessation in long-term treatment.
- An overview of the ways that all medical providers can be involved in a culture of tobacco cessation at their agency.
- Discussion of systemic, group, and individual strategies for addressing tobacco cessation in a long-term treatment setting.
Dr. Norwood has expertise in the assessment and treatment of individuals with serious mental illness (SMI) and addictive disorders. Her current research focuses on substance use treatment effectiveness for the SMI population and health behavior change and motivation. Throughout this webinar, Dr. Norwood will use her prior experience in creating a culture of change at a state psychiatric hospital to describe how these principles work in action. Dr. Norwood welcomes audience interaction and questions.