2023 Tips From Former Smokers® Campaign Update
Beginning today, March 6th, CDC’s Office on Smoking and Health (OSH) is launching the 2023 Tips From Former Smokers® (Tips®) campaign, with advertisements running on national network and cable television and on digital video, display, search and social media platforms. The campaign will run through Sunday, September 24th, pausing four times during the 29-week run for the weeks of April 3rd, May 8th, May 29th, and July 3rd.
This year, a variety of ads from previous years will be included in the media buy and feature diseases and conditions such as cancer, heart attack, asthma, Buerger’s disease, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). The media buy will also include ads that share the impact smoking has on family members.
OSH has planned a variety of social media activities to promote the campaign launch and we would greatly appreciate your support! You can find prepared posts and images about the 2023 Tips campaign on the website’s Social Media Content page. We’ll continue adding new social media content to the page throughout the media buy. You can also follow CDC Tobacco Free on Facebook and Twitter and engage with our posts from your organization’s accounts.
Tips website content includes:
• Biographies of the people featured in the campaign along with their videos
• Information about the health conditions featured in the campaign
• Updated social media content
• Information about quit smoking resources, including the National Texting Portal
• Publications documenting the Tips campaign’s impact over the past 10+ years
• Printable Tips ads that your partners can hang in their workplaces
• A link to the Tips Spanish-language site, which now includes the “Learn About Quit Smoking Medicines” web pages
Tips ads are available from the Media Campaign Resource Center (MCRC). The MCRC collects broadcast-quality Tips ads as well as ads from other tobacco prevention and control campaigns around the country. Some may require usage fees; contact email@example.com with questions.
Use Tips web content on your organization’s website! Content syndication ensures that you always have the most current Tips content on your website. When OSH updates content on the Tips website, those updates appear immediately on your site, saving you time and effort.